Rep Estes Votes Against Lame-Duck Democrat Spending
Washington, December 22, 2022 | Roman Rodriguez (316-262-8992)
WASHINGTON – Today, Rep. Estes (R-Kansas) voted against lame-duck Democrats’ exorbitant $1.7 trillion omnibus package.
“The past two years of total Democrat control in Washington have been a complete disaster,” said Rep. Estes. “Not content with causing the worst inflation in decades, Democrats have decided to force through a massive 1.7 trillion-dollar spending package at the 11th hour before Republicans take back control of the House. Their $1.7 trillion package is overflowing with bad policies that will make inflation worse, ignores the crisis at the border and fails to fix the defund the police crime wave. This 4,000-plus-page bill that no one has read in total is everything that’s wrong with Washington, D.C. This deliberate move by lame-duck Democrats sidelines the incoming majority – allowing Nancy Pelosi to pass one more pork-filled bill.”
The unprecedented $1.7 trillion, 4,000-plus-page Pelosi-Schumer omnibus spending bill that was fast-tracked through the Senate and passed the House 225 to 201 includes:
• $286 million in Title X funding that will fund Planned Parenthood.
• $65 million for salmon restoration project
• Creates a pandemic czar, adding to our already bloated bureaucracy which will take away Americans’ liberties in name of “public health”
• Allocates historic high funding for renewable energy programs at the Department of Energy instead of addressing the decimated American energy independence.
• $410 million for border security for Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia and Oman without securing our own southern border
• $524.4 million for the NIH to fight "structural racism"
• More than 4,000 earmarks for pet projects, like $1.5 million to encourage outdoor eating in Pasadena, California, and $2.35 million for the Leahy Center named after retiring Senate Appropriations Chair Patrick Leahy